February 11, 2017
You are invited to the 25th annual party and auction to benefit the Muskegon YMCA and Camp Pendalouan at the Muskegon Country Club - Black Tie Optional.
Money raised for the YMCA will go directly toward outreach to fight the causes of childhood obesity with physical activity and nutrition education, teach third graders in Muskegon County about water safety, and prevent chronic disease through programs like Diabetes Prevention, LiveStrong for cancer survivors and Enhance Fitness. The event benefits Camp Pendalouan by funding summer “camperships” making sure all have access to a summer camp experience.
The annual event will be held at 6:00pm on Saturday, February 11. There will be hors d'oeuvres, dinner, cash bar, and silent & live auctions. Tickets are $75 per person.
For reservations or more information please call 231-722-9622 x240.
How will my donation be used?
As our focus shifts to community outreach we are not bound by a single building, our comprehensive programs and services are designed to meet the diverse needs of Muskegon.
We focus on youth and families with quality programming throughout the community in schools, churches, and other community partner locations.
Your donations will go directly to support programs like:
- Healthy Out of School Time (HOST) youth outreach before and after school programs focused on fighting the causes of childhood obesity through physical fitness and nutrition education
- Safety Around Water (formerly known as “pool school”) which teaches 1000 third-graders about water safety and rescue, rip currents, and ice safety every year
- Cooking Matters Nutrition Education classes for kids, adults, and families
- YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program giving those at risk the tools to stop the progression of Type II diabetes
- Enhance Fitness Arthritis Fitness Program helping those with arthritis maintain mobility and independence
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA Post-cancer Fitness Program giving survivors the chance to reclaim their health
- Summer Evening Recreation program in Muskegon and Muskegon Heights engages inner-city youth participating in activities promoting physical fitness, nutrition, literacy, and life skills.
What can I do to help?
Continue to support the important work we do in the community. We will contact you in the near future to share details on how we can partner to Build a Healthy Future for Muskegon.
You’ve likely heard that we sold our building. Click here to learn about our vision for the new Muskegon YMCA.